XUS Ziplines, located 18 miles north of Crescent City, currently offers 6 lines ranging from 400 to 600 feet in length with a total of 2,800 feet for your zipline experience. For more information please visit their website.
- Jaycess Easter Egg Hunt – Sunday, April 5
- This annual event for children ages 0 – 12 will be held at Kids Town in Beachfront Park, starting at noon.
- Model Railroad Day – Saturday, April 11
- Presented by Del Norte Short Line Model Railroad Club, this tour will take you to see model railroads in Crescent City. Donations benefit the work of the Crescent City Lions Club. Contact John Foster, (707) 951-7520, for more information.
- Del Norte Association for Cultural Awareness
Local Roots Showcase – Saturday, April 11
- DNACA presents local musicians tonight at Crescent Elk Auditorium at 7:30pm. This fundraising performance will feature four local/regional groups in a variety of musical styles. Admission is by season ticket; however, individual tickets are $20.00 for general admission, $15.00 for seniors or $12.00 for students. For more information, call 707-464-1336
- 15th Annual Youth & Family Fair – Saturday, April 18
- Bring your family and enjoy a wide variety of free activities and entertainment at the Del Norte County Fairground from 11:00am – 2:00pm. There will be a lot to see and do.
- This annual event aims to educate and entertain, is designed to create community awareness about child abuse and prevention and is meant to provide a more proactive, positive approach to the subject. It also gives families the opportunity to participate in something together, as constant positive family interaction is a strong prevention of child abuse.
- Ruby Van Deventer Wildflower Show – Friday, April 24 – Saturday, April 25
- This free two-day Wildflower Show will be held at the Del Norte County Fairgrounds from 11:00am – 5:00pm on Friday and 10:00am – 5:00pm on Saturday. For more information, contact Rick at 707-457-3485.
- Tall Ships Festival – Friday, April 24 – Tuesday, April 28
- The Lady Washington and Hawaiian Chieftain will be visiting the Crescent City Harbor. They will be offering dockside tours of the ships, two sunset/evening sails, one two-hour adventure sail and two three-hour battle sails. For more information or to purchase tickets, check out their website calendar or call 1 (800) 200-5239.
- Symphony by the Sea – Sunday, April 26
- The Curry/Del Norte Orchestra will be performing at 3:00pm at Elk Valley Rancheria. John Webster is the director. A variety of music will be presented.
Admission is $10.00 for adults and free for students through grade 12. Tickets can be purchased at Del Norte Office Supply or at the door.
The orchestra is sponsored by the Curry/Del Norte Orchestra Guild, Southwestern Oregon Community College and orchestra patrons living on the southern Oregon and northern California coasts. Orchestra members are local musicians from Curry and Del Norte counties and beyond who volunteer their time and talents to make this orchestra possible.
Call Nancy, 707-487-5760, for more information.
Downtown Crescent City Farmers & Artisans Market
9am – 2pm
Downtown Crescent City
Sponsored by the Business Improvement District, this seasonal Downtown Crescent City Farmers & Artisans Market begins June 3rd and ends October 28th. The market features homegrown fruit and vegetables along with handmade products from local vendors. Come enjoy lunch at the market. It is held in the parking lot on the corner of Front and K Streets. Call Traci, (619) 309-5873, for more information.
Crescent City Farmers Market
9am – 1pm
Del Norte County Fairgrounds
Paws to Prepare
Saturday, June 27
Crescent City Farmer’s Market
A Dog Walk event on June 27 at Front Street Park in sight of Kids’ Town in Crescent City on behalf of Del Norte Disaster Animal Response Team – D.A.R.T.We also looking to work with others – foodie groups, SPCA, etc to raise awareness of pet care, safety, identification and reunification. This event was held last year with giveaway of emergency kits, pet first aid training materials, dog tag distribution, and pet treats. From 11 to 1 pm begin at Gazebo, “Walk” to three successive tent locations at park and go home with picture with pet all at no charge.
- Visiting Goat Dairies along California’s North Coast July 14, 2017California’s North Coast is home to a variety of goat dairies that produce some wonderful cheeses that have the benefit of being lower in fat than traditional cheese and a... The post Visiting Goat Dairies along California’s North Coast appeared first on North Coast Tourism Council.Tony Barthel
- Independence Weekend sparks celebrations along the North Coast June 28, 2017The celebration of Independence Day is in in full force all over the North Coast. We have a rundown of some of the most fun celebrations of the U.S.'s independence all over. The post Independence Weekend sparks celebrations along the North Coast appeared first on North Coast Tourism Council.Tony Barthel
- Two Counties: One Border – Lake & Mendocino wines share a passion June 13, 2017Two of the most rugged, remote and uncrowded wine regions in California stretch from the crashing surf of the Pacific Ocean in Mendocino to the high desert-like volcanic peak Mount... The post Two Counties: One Border – Lake & Mendocino wines share a passion appeared first on North Coast Tourism Council.Tony Barthel