Del Norte County: A Pooch’s Paradise
Do you love hiking, but can’t imagine trekking the hills without Fido trotting happily by your side? Love camping, but can’t bear the thought of a night under the stars without Rex to keep you warm? Pack a leash and some Milk Bones and head to Del Norte County for a vacation that is sure to get tails wagging. In Del Norte County, you can explore the wondrous redwood forests and rocky beaches with your furry best friend by your side. When you’re ready to hit the hay (or the dog bed) for the night, many hotels, motels and campgrounds in Del Norte County will welcome you and your pooch with a smile and a scratch behind the ears.
Pet-Friendly Parks and Trails in Del Norte County
There are many parks and trails in Del Norte County that allow leashed pets in all or some parts of the park. For the safety of both your pet and of the abundant wildlife in Del Norte County, keep your pet on a leash at all times and always clean up after your pet.
• Florence Keller Park
• Clifford Kamph Memorial Park
• Ruby Van Deventer Park
• Crescent Beach
• Gold Bluffs Beach
• All road-accessible picnic areas and campgrounds in state parks
• Point St. George
• Trees of Mystery
• Lake Earl State Wildlife Refuge
• Smith River National Recreation Area
Pet-Friendly Lodging in Del Norte County
Many of the hotels, motels and campsites in Del Norte County allow pets in some or all of their facilities, sometimes for a small nightly fee. Pet policies may change without notice so always call ahead before booking a trip with your pet!
Pet-Friendly Hotels and Motels
Pet-Friendly Campgrounds and RV Parks
- Visiting Goat Dairies along California’s North Coast July 14, 2017California’s North Coast is home to a variety of goat dairies that produce some wonderful cheeses that have the benefit of being lower in fat than traditional cheese and a... The post Visiting Goat Dairies along California’s North Coast appeared first on North Coast Tourism Council.Tony Barthel