World Class Fishing in Del Norte County
- A Few Gorgeous Places You Can’t Miss - September 1, 2014
- About Del Norte - September 3, 2014
- Accessible, Beautiful, Relaxing Del Norte County Itineraries - September 3, 2014
- AMERICA’S BEST VALUE INN CRESCENT CITY - May 31, 2014
- ANCHOR BEACH INN - May 29, 2014
- Anglers Choice Tidewind Sportfishing - June 20, 2014
- Angling and Fisheries Organizations - September 1, 2014
- Angling and Fisheries Organizations - September 3, 2014
- Anna Wulf House Bed and Breakfast - September 25, 2014
- APPLE PEDDLER RESTAURANT - May 26, 2014
These rivers hold the most spectacular fishing stories of record-breaking chinook salmon and steelhead trout. The California Pacific coastline and other hot fishing spots such as Damnation Creek, Hidden Beach, and Freshwater Lagoon are found in Del Norte County and its Redwood National and State Parks.
Here are some of the best places to fish and the best times of year to do it. We’ve also provided a list of experts to show you the way as well as where to find everything you need to get outfitted, on the water, and ready to go.
While planning your trip, make sure to be informed about local and state regulations and required licensing.
Sport Fishing License Required
A California sport fishing license is required for anyone 16 years or older in order to take any kind of fish, mollusk, invertebrate, amphibian, or crustacean.
Steelhead Catch Report – Restoration Card
A Steelhead Catch Report-Restoration Card is required to take steelhead, which are defined as rainbow trout over 16 inches long.
California Department of Fish and Game – State Regulations Information.
Major Species and Legal Limits – Major species and legal limits in the Redwood National Parks.
Check out these fun fishing facts!
Check our listings for boat rentals, bait and tackle shops and fishing guides in Del Norte County under Outdoors!